Preferred type of beer should always tast exactly the same
Beer is a versatile consumer product. Unlike wine, whose taste depends not only on the climatic conditions of the particular vintage, consumers expect their preferred type of beer to always taste exactly the same. To ensure this stability over the long term, breweries all over the world have been working with mechanical separation technology for generations. Waste-free filtration with ceramic membranes is becoming increasingly important and has already proven its advantages in beer recovery.
Microfiltration with atech ceramic membranes can increase total beer production
Membrane filtration is a process using pressure to separate particulate matter from soluble components in feed water. Membranes act as semi-permeable barriers that allow particles to be captured or pass through, based on the pore size. Suspended solids and dissolved substances of high molecular weight in feed water are retained by the membrane, while water and low molecular weight substances pass through the membrane as product water.
- Microfiltration can increase the total beer production by 1 - 1.5 %.
- Up to 50 % of the filtered rest beer can be returned to the main beer stream.
- VCF (Volume Concentration Factor) = 2
- Membrane material is absolutely food-neutral
- Can be regenerated at any time in the filtration system